Tuesday, July 3, 2007

The Red Heads Pixelated Thoughts: "an alter ego"


Ta Da~
~First post on a new blog, how intimidating is that! This is my 'alter ego' web blog for my pixelated creations, digital scrapbooking and more. I'm afraid I'm a bit of a complicated, creative creature. I have a lot of diverse interests. That in and of itself is going to come out in this blog, and in my creations.

Eventually, in the next few days hopefully, you'll be offered as gifts, some of the hard work I have been busy creating. You see, digiscrap is my newest infatuation. After years of playing with trial versions of Jasc paint shop pro, I finally got Corel PSP XI for my 45th birthday present. Now THAT was an awesome present~.
I have been playing with its features, learning new things ever since. I bought a scanner and I have a digital camera. I've been busy transferring what I guess you'd call 'hybrid' designs to digi.

My creations are a blend of handdrawn, scanned, and digital photos. For the creative process, I have been keeping scraps of paper with ideas for creations as they come to me, stuffed in a notebook. Sometimes that hits me right when I am ready to go to sleep. I thought of a really good idea last night and was too tired to write it down and was kicking myself in the BEEhind all morning trying to remember what the idea was! SO, I really need to put pen and paper by the bed for those late night thoughts. Thankfully, I remembered the idea late this afternoon, it was for a phrase to make a sticker out of.


More thoughts on my pixelated idea process:

Get a great graphics program. I use Corel PSP XI. There are several out there. I know Adobe PS is popular but expensive. In my opinion, you can't go wrong downloading a free trial of PSP anytime it is available. It is a great way to get a taste for digital graphic manipulations. Everyone pretty much starts out fixing their photos and then jumps into other areas.Keep fresh batteries in your digital camera and a package of extras handy for those spur of the moment photo revelations.

Get a good pad of Sketchbook paper and Le Plume brand pens. They are great~ They have a brush tip at one end and a fine tip at the other and come in fabulous colors. Great for creating doodles, scrolls, leaf designs and so much more.

Next a good set of Watercolor pencils, you can achieve so much with these with regarding to blended colors. Don't forget to use your imagination~

Grab everything you have been using for regular scrapbooking and look at it in a new way~! Look at whats around you. I take photos of everything~. I am looking for textures, colors, shapes, and I think about how it can be 'changed' to be something totally different looking after it has been put through the processes of the digital manipulations. It's like working with clay really. You take your lump and make it something unexpected.

Color and the lack of it can say loads~.One of the things I love to do is to take a photo and put it through all the processes of hyping color and stripping it away to minimums. Highlighting shadows, minimizing flaws, giving glow to areas you never noticed before. These are all possible with graphics programs and can really change your photos into spectacular results that you had to rely upon professional photographers before. Now all this is available to the home user at minimal cost



.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


POLITICAL RANT
the red heads viewpoint on newest political issues

Scooter Libby gets sentence commuted. Karl Rove has still not had to answer for what he has done. A. Gonzales is still at the Justice Dept.
What is WRONG with our Upper Government sense of justice? Why am I surprised after all these years. Trust me, not surprise, it's disgust.
I will be GLAD to see a new election. Can't come too soon. I still cannot believe that Clinton can be brought up on impeachment for his lie, but this administration gets by with far, far worse.At this point I don't know who I'd vote for. I don't know that any of the candidates from either party have the core values I believe in.

Color me disillusioned.

bitchy sigh.........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

1 comment:

Shannon said...

Vicky, don't be surprised if we dont even HAVE an election. If Bush declares a state of emergency, he can postpone the election. Sounds extreme, but don't put it past him. He signed a bill a few months ago (of course we didnt hear about it) that stated he could override the Constitution in times of emergency. I started reading a book a few years ago that scared me too much to finish. It talked about all the possible things that could happen with the government (written before Bush was in office but talked in depth about his family and their affiliations). Its a long shot, but Im not ruling it out.