Thursday, August 30, 2007

In Honor of Pedro. A gift in his memory (freebie)




Monday when I came home from work we came into the kitchen to discover one of our beloved yorkies had died. I cannot even explain the sorrow we have felt since that day. We loved him so much.


He was 14 years old. Pedro was a rescue Yorkshire Terrier. He had came into our lives about 7 years before that as a rescue situation. He had been a puppymill dog, was still intact, had a broken jaw (it was literally sideways) and his teeth were rotten so bad that he stunk across the room. He was in sad, sad shape. We took him to the vet, got him fixed up as best as we could. My husband and I took turns handfeeding him every day for those seven years. He slept by my side of the bed on a little covered footstool all curled up, sometimes he'd jump up and cuddle if he got cold and climb under the covers. He LOVED to be touched but never got over being 'shy' and fidgity.


I have sobbed my eyes out for this little guy for days now..I'll always miss him and though I know he has gone on to rainbow bridge to be with my other furrbabies who have passed and I know my dear friend Terri is watching over him for she loved Yorkies so much, it doesnt stop my heart aching.


In his honor today I created a very special quick page I called "Delicate". He was so very delicate you see...so very sweet and precious. Rest in peace Pedro. You were my very special 'little old man'.




Delicate quick page NO LONGER AVAILABLE, TIME LIMITED GIFT

3 comments:

Maria said...

Thank you! The DigiFree freebie search engine is about to list this blog post at digifree.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh you poor dear! I know just how you feel. Our pets are members of our family aren't they, and we grieve for them to the same depth as our loved one taken away. I will keep you in my prayers. May your sorrow heal and your happy memories remain of your darling, much loved Pedro. I'm shedding a tear for you now, and wish I could give you a big hug to comfort you. HUGS and God Bless. Mo

Anonymous said...

Many thanks for this absolutely gorgeous memorial page! I will think of Dearest Pedro whenever I use it. HUG! Mo